Belzona 5831LT is an environmental moisture-tolerant barrier coating, specially formulated for the protection of metallic and non-metallic surfaces at lower temperatures.
Similar to Belzona 5831 (ST Barrier), this coating uses moisture-tolerant technology. The product displaces surface contaminants, ensuring maximum adhesion to damp, wet or oily surfaces and underwater.
This solvent-free material can be applied on to virtually any surface and is easy to apply at low ambient temperatures and on cold substrates. Belzona 5831LT will provide long-term protection against corrosion, erosion and environmental attack.
- Simple mixing ratio
- Application and cure at temperatures as low as 5°C (41°F) - no hot work involved
- Cures underwater
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Excellent bonding to wet surfaces
- Tolerant to oil contamination
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Prevents galvanic corrosion
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel and other specialist steels as well as to non-metallic surfaces such as concrete and brick
Applications for Belzona 5831LT:
- Prevention of corrosion and deterioration of metalic substrates in splash zones and underwater areas
- Corrosion protection on pipework, tanks, bunds and clarifiers
- Protecting submersible pumps, valves and transformers from the effects of galvanic corrosion
- Long-term repair and coating of oil and water leaks - Sealing of joints and flanges